Thursday, June 15, 2006

Technique Class

Well last nights class was much better than Mondays. We got to learn some new moves that I will try to describe below. I figure trying to write a description of the move might help me to better understand the techniques minor details. Attempt this move at your own risk I am not responsible for you killing someone or injuring someone trying to do this move of any other move described in this blog.

I will call the move,

"The side choke from guard"
1. Opponent is in my guard
2. Opponent tries to gain base and posture by placing both hands against my stomach and pushing up.
3. I Circle my right hand behind my opponents right elbow (from my perspective)and push out to the right side of my body. Simultaneously I use my left hand to push my opponents left(from my perspective)elbow off to my right side (I must push his arm far enough that it is to the right side of my head).
4. I Bring my right hand up between my opponents arms and around the back of his neck. I Bring my head up off the mat and pin my opponents left bicep (from my perspective) against his neck and my ear. I want my head as high as possible on his bicep.
5. I Grab my left arm bicep with my right hand and bring my left hand back to the side of my head.
6. I keep my guard and arms closed while scooting around like I am trying to get to his back. I am trying to get the blade of the inside of my right arm against his carotid artery in his neck.
7. Once I am positioned well I squeeze my head against his left bicep (from my perspective) and my right forearm against his carotid artery and choke him. I must make sure to use the inside blade of my forearm or the choke wont work very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home