Thursday, June 15, 2006

Passing The Guard

I just finished reading Passing The Guard and it is a great book. I picked up the book because I really need to work on passing the guard since it is so important to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I really struggle against higher ranks when doing our guard passing drills at class.

-Review-




Passing The Guard is not only the most reasonably priced book but the first that I've seen that really covers passing the guard in such detail.

The book uses an interesting method of graphical symbols to indicate what limb moved or had previously moved from picture to picture. They also list alternative approaches within a technique. Counters are listed on the same page with each technique so you not only learn how to pass the guard but you get some ideas on how to keep it.

Unlike many BJJ books the written instructions are clear and there are only a minor number of typographical/editing errors. I was very impressed with the outlines and explanations throughout the book. The text really enhances the images and helps to make sure you are getting all the details correctly. I would recommend anyone beginner to expert pick up Passing The Guard as it covers in great detail every aspect of passing the guard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home