Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Technique Class

Well the lesson of last night was to keep my head off the mat. Easier said than done after working from the guard for an hour.
The head leads every movement from the guard and if your head is on the mat it cuts the speed of all movements from the guard. Keeping my upper back and head off the mat definitely made a big difference with the ease of execution of arm bars and triangles but was challenging to do after holding my head up for an extended period of time. I have said it before but I will mention it again, from the outside Brazilian Jiu Jitsu moves look so simple but to execute them correctly is very challenging as the small details are what separate success from failure. If any part of your body isn't properly placed the movements become challenging to execute or you make it easy for your opponent to escape or defend the technique.

My forward progress has felt very slow of late. I just don't feel like I have been improving very much of late, hopefully that will change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home