Thursday, June 29, 2006

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ( Sparring With A Girl )

Well this post may sound a little sexist so I want to warn any female readers out there and apologize in advance for my ignorance. So, last night I had to spar with one of the girls in our class. I didn't think I would have much of an issue with it, but I did. I didn't want to but I found myself compelled not to submit when she got me a triangle choke that I would have submitted to if it was one of the guys that caught me. I worked very hard to try to get a submission on her once I passed her guard but couldn't get one completed. I fought the full 5 minutes with her without either one of us completing a submission. I didn't want to act like it was a big deal but deep down inside I didn't want to lose to a girl as sad as that sounds. I guess I have some growing up to do. At least we both got in some good intense training. I hope in the future I can let me ego lighten up a little an stay cognizant of the fact that we are both there to help each other get better not to win or lose. Unfortunately it easier said than done or I wouldn't be writing this post.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can holdout and escape the submission with her have you thought of doing the same with the guys who you usually tap out to sooner??

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Jits said...

Yeah but in general I dont want to put myself in danger of injuring myself again so if they have it pretty well locked in I just tap to avoid injuring myself. I was just being imature that day and should have protected myself from injury the same as I would anyone else. I actually have rolled with her quite a few times since I wrote this post and I dont feel the need to act like an idiot like I used to when rolling with her. I just laugh at the idiots who make fun of me for tapping to a girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home