Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Technique Class

Well the inundation of new students to the school has continued due to the commercials continuing to run. Which is great but there have been more frequent injuries due to new students pairing up with other new students. Last night we had a kid get his knee hurt pretty bad when a new guy sat down on the inside of his knee. I was also training with a new guy and he couldn't relax. I tried to tell him to relax a little but he was so jumpy and wanted to do every move with as much strength and speed as he could. Therfore he ended up busting his lip on my elbow when he was trying the leg on shoulder guard pass. I tried to show him how much more effective the move was by taking your time and using leverage properly but he just dint get it I guess. It could also be that im a really bad teacher which I'm sure is part of it since I also don't really know what I'm doing. I just hope the classes don't get too much bigger, 45 guys on the mats gets pretty crowded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home