Thursday, May 04, 2006

Week 5

Well its been almost two weeks since I hurt my rib training and guess what, it still hurts. In fact it feels about the same as it did the day after it happened. I have been trying to work on drills at home but as soon as I start breathing heavy it really flares up. Im not sure if I am helping myself or hurting myself by trying to exercise through it. I waited 4 days before I started doing anything active again. I guess I will pick up a few BJJ dvd's to watch while I wait to get back to class. Im thinking I will pick up Mario Sperry Master Series 1 and Pedro Carvalho 1. Those seem to be the highest rated online.

I am hoping I can start going back to class within the next couple weeks but only time will tell if that will be possible or not.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I did the same thing. Except this was my first class! We had started sparring at the end of the night and I copped a swift knee into the left side of my ribs. It didn't hurt at first but afterwards I really struggled. Stupid me, I went back the next night because it was too much fun. Not knowing it was broken, I went through the pain and finished the night. I saw a physio the next day and confirmed a broken 9th rib. You will be out of action for 6 weeks. If you try and go back before then, the rib won't heal and you will struggle with the pain and discomfort all the time. Unfortunatley i have had to accept no bjj for 6 weeks. I'd rather do that than be in pain for several years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home