Thursday, July 27, 2006

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Sparring

I rolled a little last night after technique class with one of the guys I work with regularly in class. He has been in class for a couple months longer than I have so he is definitely better than I am. Generally when we spar he pretty much controls the pace of the match. But, last night I was controlling the pace, I just kept seeing so many ways to attack him. The problem was I couldn't finish any of the moves due to my poor technique. So I still lost every match but I did much better than my usual performance. I think if I can start sparring twice a week (instead of once every two weeks) in addition to going to technique class twice a week I will start improving more dramatically. Which would be good since as of late I have felt like I haven't been making much forward progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home