Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Technique Class

Well the slow progression continues slowly but surely. I still feel like I have been making little to no progress over the past few weeks but when comparing myself to newbies I am obviously improving. The techniques I know keep taking on new levels of depth as I continue to learn new little details for facing different types of opponents. For example, the triangle choke is almost impossible for me to execute against very broad shouldered opponents. I can't lock it up properly if I don't raise my hips up high enough initially. It needs to be much tighter and deeper before attempting to close it up. These subtle differences are helping me to see where I was being lazy before and not using proper technique. All of these subtle differences continue to mount and I find myself thinking about 95 different things when trying to execute techniques which causes me to always be one step or two steps behind my opponents. I know it will all come together with time but I feel like I am bogged down with all the details and not really going anywhere.

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Geth said...

Dude I know how you feel. I am going through the same exact thing in New York right now. The going is tough.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Jits said...

Well hopefully the hard work will eventually pay off for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home