Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Blue Belt In Brazilian Jiu-jitsu

Well in my mind I thought getting a Blue belt in BJJ might take me a year or so but I am now thinking that getting it within 2 years is more likely. The more I practice the more I see that even though I know a move I don't really know the move that well. After watching blue belts execute moves I have been using with success in class they look completely different. They use practically no force or energy to execute the moves where I use everything I have to execute most moves. There are so many small details that make up each move and you cant force a move on an opponent and expect not to have to use energy. The blue belts flow with the opponent allowing them to give them the submission instead of forcing it. Its kind of a cliche but it really is a chess match going on between two people even though it doesn't look like it to the casual eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home