Thursday, June 01, 2006

Machado / Lutador Americano Gi Review

Well I bought a new gi so I thought I would throw up a quick review. The first gi I purchased was an Atama double weave which is a great gi, at least until it started getting hot this summer. It is an extremely heavy gi with a very thick collar which is great as I have had several people tell me it is tough to get a good grip on it. But, I wanted something a little lighter and cooler for the summer so I bought a Hybrid Weave Lutador Americano Gi which is the same as the Machado Hydrid Weave gi's and are available on Mkimonos.com (I wanted the Machado since it didnt have as much embroidery on it but they werent available at the time). The gi is awesome, at first I was a little concerned because the collar is much thinner than the Atama but it is so much more comfortable. The fabric feels nice to the touch and there is no seam down the back of the gi like with the Atama which can be uncomfortable when doing shrimps down the mat. I would advise anyone looking for a new gi to get one as I like it much better than the Atama for training. As a side note I still only spar in the Atama as I think it is a better sparring gi . The Atama is extremely strong and tougher for opponents to manipulate so you really can't go wrong with either.

Here is a pic. of the Gi

Machado Kimono GI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home